1. He is THE FLASH! (Doing a strange, non-aerodynamic pose. Not sure what that’s about.)
This was the first holiday where he was too excited to sleep the night before. Ran up & down some perfect, no-car, T or T-ing streets with his best buddy Lyla. They ooh-ed & aah-ed over the decorated houses. They (mostly) remembered to say both “Trick or Treat!” and “Thank you!” They got loaded down with candy treats he’s not usually allowed to eat, but he got to eat THREE before bed. He had a blast. (We all did, really.) Every holiday’s more fun with a four-year-old to enjoy it with.
2. A nice slow weekend planned to balance out today’s excitement & next weekend’s writing convention in Washington DC. It’s an anniversary of sorts for The Boy & I. It’s where we first met in person, ten years ago, and where I realized I was completely head-over-heels in love with this guy I’d been exchanging emails with for so long. We’ll be going with our son & with his daughter, who’s turned into quite a writer. Many things have changed, but many things have stayed the same. I’m still head-over-heels in love with this guy…
3. His obsession with coloring continues to astonish me. He is happy coloring for an hour a day, as long as I’m there on the floor with him, busy with my own picture.
4. I have all kinds of ideas for how to improve the chicken coop, & I actually found myself scouting out new coop designs last night. Somebody stop me before it’s too late!
5. Seriously, October, you didn’t stay around long enough. A great month. I can’t believe it’s only a few hours until November. Yikes.