1. I had the chance to eat lunch with (and pick the brain of) an incredible agent today. She was gracious, incredibly informative AND interesting. Also, the restaurant she recommended has moved to the top of my ‘go there while we are in Brooklyn’ list. So yay.
And I was able to spend much of the car ride home brainstorming and pondering newbook, since the Child was so sleepy that he, well, slept almost all the way home.
2. And then waiting for us here? An incredible, signed, personalized, and doodled-in-by-the-author copy of Llama-Llama Red Pajama for my little llama-loving boy. His Aunt found him something he is going to treasure for the rest of his life. Thank you Aunt Leigh!
3. Two and a half eggs waiting for us after our 36 hour there-&-back-again trip. I say ‘1/2′ because one of them was obviously a practice effort. ie: it was pretty much lacking a shell. This is not uncommon for new layers’ bodies to kind of get it wrong a few times. Gross, but normal. And what it means is: We’ve got another layer! Woohooo!!!
4. I was able to spend Saturday afternoon with a dear friend & her almost-two-year-old. The Boy Child adored her, and they played happily together the whole time. When it was time for us to go, she tackled him–she being half his size–laid on top of him, and lisped the words, “I love you.”
And I think he fully reciprocates it. He has a very tender spot in his tender heart for younger kids. In fact, when I asked him who he’d like to invite over this week for a playdate, a new 18-month-old friend (who shares his passion for trucks–or Zoom-zooms, as little M calls them) was his first choice. Which makes my heart happy. Because honestly, like every mother, I want him to be successful & challenged in his chosen profession, to work hard and try his best. And of course I want him to be happy. But really, I will consider myself almost unbearably blessed if people who know him, know him to be a kind person.
5. New books to read, and I owe the world a rave-review of the quartet by Mary Robinette Kowal that I just finished (OMG, so much fun!) but for now, I’m tired, and sleepy, and have a week’s worth of grocery-shopping, cleaning, and such to accomplish in the next two days before we head off on our next big adventure. So, off to bed, to read, and then (very soon!) to dream.